- July 5, 1926 - April 11, 2017
- La Mesa, California
of Carolyn's Passing
Share This Obituary
Arrangements made by
El Camino Memorial - Sorrento Valley and El Camino Memorial Park
5600 Carroll Canyon Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
Profile of El Camino Memorial - Sorrento Valley and El Camino Memorial Park
View Phone Number
View Fax Number
Receive Obituary Notifications by Email
Our mother Carolyn Emmons's final rest will be this Saturday, April 15 at 11 am with interment next to our father Bill.
A graveside service will be held at El Camino Memorial Park in the Garden of Honor section.
• Carolyn Martha was born July 5, 1926 to Charles & Hazel Pigniolo in New Orleans, LA
• Lived the typical childhood for a Navy family with many relocations between CA, FL and VA.
• Big brother Jack Pigniolo was there to look up to and they enjoyed a close relationship.
• Attended SDSU, graduating in 1949 with a degree in administrative sciences and minor in history
• Ever imaginative and creative stay at home homemaker
• Alpha Delta Chi Christian Sorority sister and adult mentor.
• Love of history and collecting for her many scrap books and personal library reference file
• San Diego school secretary to the principal at Hamilton Elementary school where she and Jack had attended as children
• Married William Arthur Emmons in 1954 until his passing in 1997
• Founding member of College Park Presbyterian - now Faith
• Enjoyed the southern California life with Bill and children Daniel, Ken, Tom (Holly) and Charlene (Jim)
• Scout leader, home and church child caregiver, tireless volunteer for many charities
• Dear and supportive companion to all her friends and those that touched her life
• Made sure we kids got to see our great National and State Parks and immersed in Mother Nature
• In retirement many camping trips and travels to a countrywide RV time share in their pop-top camper
• Frequent summer trips to Shelter Island for beach bonfires with family and friends
• Capable and caring grandmother to James, Julia, Nathan and Christopher Emmons
• Big smiles for great-granddaughter Paisley Emmons who arrived this past June.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the La Mesa Historical Society (lamesahistory.com) and Mt Helix Park Foundation (MtHelixPark.org) are kindly encouraged. These were a few of our mother's passions.
A reception with light refreshments will follow at 1 pm at 3421 Voltaire St in San Diego to celebrate Carolyn's life with family and friends. We look forward to having you share your memories with us.