Hollis Gordon Robbins
Hollis Gordon Robbins
  • June 16, 1926 - July 24, 2017
  • Fort Worth, Texas

Share This Obituary

Hollis Robbins passed away on Monday July 24, 2017. He was born to Esta & Clint Robbins on June 16, 1926. His family came from Brannon, Texas , but he lived most of his life in fort worth, Texas. And he had a good childhood. Hollis was saved as a young boy in a revival meeting at church and now is in the arms of his savior Jesus Christ! He attended Worth Baptist Church for many years, until health prohibited. He had two siblings, garland, who is deceased, and Murlene his sister who lives in California with her husband jack. Hollis joined the navy and was a veteran of WWII. After he came home he met and fell in love with Wanda Ridinger and they married. Hollis was a devoted husband for 60 years until Wanda passed away in 2009. Hollis and Wanda had a daughter, Sharon, who lives with her husband Danny Oxford in Burleson, TX. Hollis and Wanda also had a daughter named Christ, who died when she was only a week old. Hollis was a loving father to Sharon, someone who gave her very good advise, a strong hand to hold, a comfort in times of trouble and a good daddy! Hollis was a very loving grandfather and great grandfather. His grandchildren are Lisa , who is married to Nate Tjaden living in Arlington, TX, and Timothy Oxford. Married to Emily and they reside in the country in Fannin county. His great grandchildren are Taylor Atkins(16), and Brendan Atkins (11). He was very proud of his grandchildren and they spent a lot of time together., They loved each other very much! He also was proud and happy to have two great grandchildren and was always glad to see them. Hollis worked for many years at General Dynamics and then retired. He met his best friend at General Dynamics, Jim Stevens, and they enjoyed a great friendship for many years. Hollis enjoyed going to senior centers where he had many friends, he loved to play dominoes and cards with his friends. God blessed Hollis with good health during his life, and until the last few years of his life, he didn’t even see a doctor and never had to go to the hospital. He passed away peacefully at the hospital and went into the arms of Jesus!