Marjorie Pfeffer
Remember
Marjorie Pfeffer
  • April 9, 1946 - April 20, 2017
  • Old Saybrook, Connecticut

Share This Obituary

Arrangements made by

Swan Funeral Home

1224 Boston Post Road
Old Saybrook, CT 06475
Get Directions

Profile of Swan Funeral Home

View Phone Number



Marjorie Maguder Pfeffer, beloved sister, aunt, and friend passed into life eternal on April 20, 2017 at Yale New Haven Hospital surrounded by her family. She was the daughter of the late Theodore and Viola (Barnack) Maguder. Marge was born on April 9, 1946 in New Haven, CT. She graduated from Francis T. Maloney High School in Meriden, CT. in 1964. She received her B.S. degree in Education from Central Connecticut State University and her M.S. and Sixth Year Degrees from Fairfield University. Marge was a middle school teacher and guidance teacher for the Fairfield Public Schools for 38 years. After her retirement, she worked at Wellspring Foundation, a private school and residential facility in Bethlehem, CT. Marge leaves her sister, Linda Riccardi of Middletown, CT. ,her brother, James (Eva) Maguder, and sister-in-law Elizabeth (Theodore) Maguder of Virginia as well as her many nieces, nephews, and longtime friends. She was predeceased by her brother Theodore Maguder and her most precious daughter Megan Power. Marge had a wonderful, abundant, adventurous spirit. She traveled to Europe as a chaperon for the People to People Program and to the Caribbean with family and friends. She enjoyed skiing in Vermont and Canada, swimming, gardening, and reading. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Old Saybrook, CT. where she lent her caring nature as a communion steward to shut-ins, a nursery school volunteer, a dinner hostess, and book club member. She also volunteered at Hospice in Branford, CT.
A memorial service will be held at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 56 Great Hammock Rd., Old Saybrook, CT. on Saturday, April 29, at 10:00 AM Burial services will be held privately by the family at a later time. Donations in Marge's memory may be made to St. Paul Lutheran Church.