Walter H. Wooten
Remember
Walter H. Wooten
  • July 25, 1927 - October 14, 2017
  • Bryan, Texas

Share This Obituary


Walter H. Wooten, 90, passed away Saturday, October 14 at St. Joseph Manor.

Graveside service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, October 19 at Bryan City Cemetery with The Reverend Daryl T. Hay officiating. A viewing will be held prior to the service from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. at Memorial Funeral Chapel in Bryan.

Walter was born July 25, 1927 in Huntsville, Texas the fourth son of David and Elzora (Bell) Wooten. He graduated from Huntsville High School and attended Texas A&M University. Walter proudly served our Country in the U.S. Army, where he served his time from 1945-47 at Ft. Sam Houston and Ft. Monmouth, New Jersey. After his discharge from the Army, he began his career as a Field Engineer with NCR Corporation. He retired from NCR after 45 years of service.

Walter is preceded in death by his parents; three brothers and two sisters-in-law, J.D. and Daisy Mae Wooten, Harry and Charlene Wooten, and Claude Wooten.

He is survived by his wife of 43 years, Ann (Blanton) Wooten; daughter, Wanda Wooten Wroten and husband Craig; stepdaughter, Lee Ann Yokem and husband Ron; stepson, Greg Stiles and wife Madeline; grandchildren, Ryan Everett and wife Robbe, Graham Stiles, Andy Gardos, Jessica Stiles Uptmore and husband Chance, Courtenay Yokem McNew and husband Loc, Kirsten Yokem Donaho; and seven great-grandchildren.

The Wooten family is very grateful for the care and love from everyone at St. Joseph Manor, which had been Walter's home for five years.

In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Hospice Brazos Valley 502 W. 26th Street, Bryan, Texas 77803 or St. Joseph Manor 2333 Manor Dr., Bryan, Texas 77802.

The Family of Walt Wooten hopes you will join them following the Graveside services at a reception, until 4 p.m., in St. Andrews Parish Hall at 217 W. 26th St. in Downtown Bryan.

Directions from Bryan City Cemetery to St. Andrew's - south on Texas Ave., right on W. 26th, the Church is on the left and the Parish Hall is to the left of the Church.